|May 06, 2007||HOME|
It's May and it's cold! I worked for a while on deburring the gear leg mounts in the hangar. I didn't want to grind through the powder coating, but there were some sharp edges that I didn't like.
In the afternoon, I retreated home to the garage. Most of the parts I have been working on have now been moved (again!) from the hangar to the garage. I find it easier to control the temperature in the garage, but as you can see, it still needs a little organization.
I wasn't feeling very focused. Perhaps it was because I haven't done any real airplane work for a long time. I added a couple of nutplates to the fuel valve mounting plate. That was simple enough to get me started.
Another easy task caught my eye. I opened up the holes for the tank vent fittings.
At first, they didn't come out perfectly round. Yes, I should have drilled them. The good news was that they were both undersized, so I was able to true the up and get them to the correct size at the same time.
Finally, I identified the parts I was going to use for both ends of the vent lines. That didn't take too much effort, but I was through for the day.